Where I'm at



Where I'm at


I am sitting at a heart filled tablecloth, a grayness filled with upside down hearts asking questions. They are under the cherries that are falling from the gray background of the picture  above accompanied by a green-yellow lemon and two ceramic jugs holding I know not what.

The hall is to my right behind a half-closed door that finishes in a shadowy line on the wall. The shadows contain Sophie's meow asking me to make reflections on that wall.

Behind me is the countertop with the kettle still hot from the water in the cup in my lap. Whiffs of the tea tease my nostrils with fennel and honey as it swishes around my mouth tasting my tastebuds.

To the left are the long windows of the French doors leading to the balcony, a balcony which was my stage during Covid. This balcony became a portal with which to communicate with my neighbors in person, a way to connect through song and chatter.

So, really, in the end I am sitting in the middle of my relationships. My relationship with food, with song, my neighbors...or the closeness with a cat and my contemplation of love.

 Isn't that what life is all about in the end? Loving and feeling loved and transmitting it? 


Photo: Armiche Bolaños Quesada

Text: Kristen Mastromarchi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk