Farewell to 2023


 

Farewell to 2023


Farewell to  2023, to the old, to holding on to hurt in my head or in my body.  Let it slide off my skin and shoulders, slink down me in the shower and  swirl down the drain.

Will what I shake off whirl in the opposite direction down the drain  as I transition into 2024, choosing another way in my move to the islands? Will I get caught into the whirlpool of the new? Will it be overwhelming?

So many questions! What I do know is that I can't cling to the country I left or anything in the past. Italy was good to me: it guided me through all my wayward windings to maturity. It was there through my misunderstandings, confusion, learning and finally my flight leaving the cocoon   I had built from fear of feeling.

Thank you for being the country that taught  me so much. Gosh, almost all I learned about musicality  and music in general I developed  within you.  I also learned that I could make it: that I could be thrown into a  new place not knowing the  language and  a  lot about life in general and still come out standing. Even when I was the weakest I've ever been after two operations I pulled myself together and sang and danced better than before.

The suffering was a blessing. I learned to search for deepness and improvement the best I knew how. And this has given me the light to travel on and use as future inspiration and knowledge of what is right for me.

I am grateful to 2023 and Italy for all of this.   The next time I look back on that time I will embrace it. I  have learned much.


Photo:  Zorro4 

Text: kristen Mastromarchi



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk