Hospital Insights




Hospital Insights


It's not what happens that shapes the who we are, but rather how we choose to see the events unfolding. God knows it's so hard not to get lost when hardships happen, or even overlook an extraordinary moment because we're focused on something else. I truly believe, however, that we can use whatever befalls us for enlightenment–we just have to decide to do so, even if it can take tremendous energy.

In light of this vision, I'd like to share some insights I had in returning from the hospital. In reality, they are ideas that have been forming for years.

1. I'm not wasting time on things that I don't enjoy anymore. 

2. I want to travel as much as I can, when I can. Through travel I can visit friends and fill myself with the unknown. My cup is doubly full this way.

3. I want to have real relationships, or "real" shared moments, even with strangers. I'm not interested in superficial ones.

4. Not being me only deepens the path of not being me, which is not where I want to be.

5. I want to be genuine and not get lost in others' expectations of me.

6. What matters is beauty, not accomplishments.

7. I will rejoice in beauty everyday.

8. I don't want to spend time in the hospital again, particularly at the end of my life. I don't want to become hunched over or have trouble walking. I need to take care of my body and mind as part of my daily routine right up until the day I die.

9. Music and art are always essential.

10. Emotion is living. I desire to feel everything, from joy to pain no matter how much it hurts.

11. A close bond with an animal cures the heart and makes me a better person. As soon as I can, I will have a furry friend permanently at home.

12. Forgive and let go. I find it so difficult, and I've been battling with these concepts for years, but I know it's part of the healing process. 


Text: Kristen Mastromarchi

Text: "knowledge enlightens" by insane_capture is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk