Park Perfection




 Park Perfection

A pigeon crosses my path of vision as I follow its reflections in the park as well as my own. I am a backdrop for the light as it filters through the swirls of the white chair. I am sitting on cold, painted metal, but that doesn't lessen its charms in the October light.
I am Chinese shadows representing a hooded figure with coffee. Am I the one in the seat or in the shadows? Which one represents me more? Maybe I like what I see in the shadows.
Broadening my view, there are many fountains spraying out of thin poles.They could be grand parasols or delicate masts mounted with a cream colored sail. Some in the shade are tied around the waist so they can't set sail, but they still leave their mark in the autumn air, saluting it.
Beyond the park of poles majestic trees form a magnificent back drop for this fall scene. They are a delicious medley of greens muted with reddish or yellow tones.My favorite is the tree with his leaves mimicking the weeping Willow. Maybe Willow has a cousin...I'll have to ask him some time.

What am I doing here, one may ask, apart from writing? I'm eating a sumptuous carrot cake with a cappuccino while being serenaded by Ella Fitzgerald. 

Pure perfection, if you ask me.


Text and photo: Kristen Mastromarchi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk