Newness–Week Three


 

Newness: Highlights from week three


Day 15: Succulent Tuna

New recipe found on the internet. Wash the tuna and pat it dry. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour with olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and pieces of garlic. Use the marinade to cook it on the stove e voilà! So good, so easy.


Day 17: New Movie and Scenery

*    I began watching a film with Jerry Lewis (Cinderfella). Why have I never seen anything with him before? I continued to ask myself. He was a master of time, musicality, sweetness, and humor. Many comedians studied his movies, including Jerry Seinfeld and Eddie Murphy, and I'm just getting to know him now!

* Walk by myself in an amazing park with a secular cedar tree. How wonderful it was to have the time to take it all in...


Day 18: New Old Recipe: Orange Honey Carrots

The original recipe says to heat coconut oil in a pan and cook cut carrots until a bit soft, then to mix them with a tablespoon of orange juice and another of maple syrup, salt, pepper, thyme, and pieces of garlic. Finish cooking them in an oven at °400 F. I tried the recipe only in the oven this time but it took forever! Anyway, the carrots were still tasty!


Day 20: Spanish Rice

I tried my partner's recipe from the Canary Islands. I didn't see him make it, but I'm pretty sure he cooked the rice in water and a bit of oil with a little salt and sage. He steamed the salmon separately and added zucchini and lastly peas to cook with the rice. He combined everything and added a touch of salt. Magnifique!


Photo:

Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/ritae-19628/?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=3467399">-Rita-👩‍🍳 und 📷 mit ❤</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=3467399">Pixabay</a>

Text: Kristen Mastromarchi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk