Beach Walk



Beach Walk


I never truly noticed that the sand reflects the sky until today. I stopped in my sopping tracks, beholden. Yes, that's the best way to describe it–I was beheld by the sand mixing with the sky in tones of rose and baby blue. I was smitten by how the sand could hold so many hues–its own grainy sable, of course, but also grays and violets. 

The wet sand formed a slate for the sky, but it also held many prints of feet or claws. I followed a zig-zagging display of three-toed tracks. At first I thought they must have been left by a seagull, but then I noticed pigeons weaving on the shore. Funny creatures they are:no rhyme or reason dictates their choice of direction. Do they suddenly change their idea or do they have no idea where to go?

Besides the birds for company, there were also leisurely walkers like me carrying their shoes in one hand. A barefooted runner passed me by, planting the idea in my head to do the same tomorrow.

Other than those in movement, there were also two young women pulling the morning waves into their consciousness. The first sat cross-legged in an alcove near the concrete wall, while the second seemed to be doing yoga in a gray poofy toga.

I chassed in the sea as I got near the point where I had left my shoes. The water felt warm along my calves and the temperature of the air was mild. It was going to be a lovely day.


Photo: ðŸŒ¸♡💙♡🌸 Julita 🌸♡💙♡🌸 

Text: Kristen Mastromarchi

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude