Karaoke Goal!


  

Karaoke Goal!


One of my companions scooped me up and I suddenly sat on his shoulder. The chord from the microphone pulled taut as I grabbed onto it tightly.

We had triumphed. 

The bystanders cheered as if we had won a rugby game and I had scored the deciding goal. Most of the celebrating people were quite burly and had yelled out a match before I had gotten there. The screen in the background showed re-runs of runs on the field. 

It seemed the fans were quite used to rowdy wins. One advocate for the evening's entertainment even picked up a chair and pounded it on the floor to show his appreciation.

So, what was our triumph? What had we won? The interest of a bar full of sailors and tourists. We were the last act of the evening: Start Spreading the News. While all of us had had something to drink, my limit was half a glass of wine, so I was the only one out ot the three of us who was singing the words. My two companions slurred along and made up for it in presence.

The atmosphere was so chaotic that I'm sure only the ending was heard. It didn't matter. What was important was the outflow of jolliness from us to our listeners and back again. I had never met my mates before and that didn't matter either. We were all part of something–maybe joy, but surely camaraderie.



Photo: <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/egodi1-14385317/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=4647668">egodi1</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=4647668">Pixabay</a>

Text: Kristen Mastromarchi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk