Navigating Language


Navigating Language


I've got  Spanish on my mind. Words slush and slosh around if I were a pirate slipping on the unsure decks of my wooden boat in a choppy sea of language. It is a tiny boat for the moment, big enough to contain me and some vocab. The structure of my Spanish boat is flimsy at best, although I keep adding boards every day to reinforce it. 

Someday soon I will graduate to a sail boat which will navigate the word world with much more ease. Eventually, I will join my mates on a common ship and be able to understand all their "ayes" and "ts". Oh, how I wish that day were already here!

But mateys, let's admit something: although at times it can be frustrating to come up with a blank instead of a sentence, it's exciting. I am constructing a new vessel to navigate in, to be able to dangle my toes off of or even launch off of. The sky's the limit as I swim under its falling stars of knowledge.

I get to approach the world as a 3-year-old again in the guise of a grown woman. I am acquiring knowledge that I'm bursting to use! If only I could make sense of it all...



Photo: <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/cocoparisienne-127419/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=1740721">Anja</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=1740721">Pixabay</a>


Text: Kristen Mastromarchi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk