Spring Sensations


 

Spring Sensations


I've always had a soft spot for spring. Maybe it's because I was born toward the end of winter and I imagine my first real memory of the world must have been of breathing in spring. I could have been on a blanket in the park surrounded my daises. One of my first spring memories is the bright, all encompassing yellowness of the field of dandelions down the street. I remember loving being surrounded by so much color and the stems that gave sticky milk once picked.

I carry the sensation of spring with me, even if I am far from seasons in this tropical climate. I was born in winter, which represents my reflective side, but surely spring must have been my gate into the world.

Barefoot on slippery grass, newness, and green represent my connection to the Earth, to my center, to my lineage of color. And I love to explore this connection, and even more so being part of nature, being one with the beginning–the budding buds and my budding mixed in with all of it.

So, before spring says her adieus and the heat settles in, I want to describe my spring sensations for you and maybe it will spring off some of your own:

The waft of pink roses and savoring their silky petals being careful to avoid the cheekiness of their thorns. The choral smudges of cherry blossoms contrasting with the celeste of the sky. On hikes, the acrid smell of sweat mixed with the warm, spicy scent of wild flowers, the heat accentuating the rich odor of trampled dirt, the exhales of exertion and the squints from the sun exalting into awe upon reaching the top of a hill and the world extending below.

This is spring for me. What does spring mean to you?



Photo: <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/valerialu-4734552/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=6153384">Valeria</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=6153384">Pixabay</a>

Text: Kristen Mastromarchi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Eyes of the Dog

Family Gratitiude

Beach Walk